Thursday, September 10, 2009

Apple Comes Through


While on vacation last week, I had an unfortunate incident. The 5DII was the major technological victim, as was I -- I still ache in spots -- but my iPhone must have taken a hit as well, though it didn't get wet. After the fall, it no longer saw its SIM card. No amount of rebooting and re-inserting of the SIM card or cleaning of SIM card contacts would make it happy again. Initially I though it was because that I was not in the AT&T network, but returning home to the domain of the Ma Bell mothership didn't help, either.

So I made an appointment online at the local Apple Store (boy, are they busy!) to have it looked at. The Genius at the AS tried a few things, and within minutes determined that I needed a new phone. Within 15 minutes, I walked out a happy customer with a working phone, the same color and memory size as my original.

This impressed me. I was with Kyle the Genius right on time. I left the store 14 minutes after the start of my appointment with a working product, and after going home and restoring my phone from a backup, it was as if nothing had ever gone wrong. I'm a very happy camper.

And kudos to Kyle, the Apple Store Genius for being so professional, friendly, capable and knowledgeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment